About MANIPAL ENTRANCE TEST,(MET) 2002
MET 2022: Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has started the registration for Phase 2 on the official website manipal.edu. Candidates willing to appear for MET 2022 phase 2 can register online till June 3, 2022 (Extended). Post-registration, MET 2022 Slot Booking will be commenced from June 3 to June 4, 2022. As per the revised schedule, MET 2022 Phase 2 will be conducted on June 9, 10, and June 11, 2022.
After the successful conclusion of the entrance test, MAHE will release MET 2022 Merit List on June 17, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will then be called for counseling. MET 2022 Phase 3 will be conducted on June 10 and June 11, 2022. The phase 3 exam will be conducted for M.Tech / M.E, M.Pharm / PharmD Post Baccalaureate, M.Sc. Audiology, M.Sc. Speech-Language Pathology, All Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) Programs, M.Phil Clinical Psychology, M.Sc. by Research in Life Sciences, M.Sc. Genome Engineering, M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology, M.Sc. Molecular Biology & Human Genetics, M.Sc. Systems Biology, M.Sc. Tissue Engineering.
What is MET? MET 2022 is a university-level entrance exam conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) annually for admitting candidates to various UG and PG degree programs at the university. As per MET 2022 selection criteria, 40% of the marks in the qualifying exam (Class 12th) and 60% marks obtained in MET are considered for admission.
MET Eligibility 2022
The eligibility criteria for MET 2022 is defined course-wise by Manipal Academy of Higher Education. A common eligibility criterion followed for all the courses is that there is no age limit for all the courses. Listed below are the most common eligibility standards for various programs:
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English are compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- A minimum 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics & anyone optional subject (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject)
- No minimum age limit is there for MET 2022.
- For PG program, a minimum percentage of 50% marks as an overall cumulative percentage must be secured in the qualifying UG degree.
MET Exam Pattern 2022
Manipal Academy of Higher Education will hold the exam in computer-based mode. The question paper will contain 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and General Aptitude. Test takers will be allotted 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam.
Brief details on exam pattern are given below:
- MET will be in English medium.
- Questions will be objective in nature i.e. multiple choice questions (MCQ type) and NAT. Candidate must choose the right or closest to the right answer from among the choices given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. for MCQ and 0 for NAT.
- Each question carries 4 marks and the right answer will be awarded 4 marks.
Other Facts Related to MET Paper Pattern:
- Rough sheets will be provided during the test and must be returned back on completion of the test.
- On completion of the test, the final score will be displayed on the screen immediately.
- The test score can also be verified online, 24 hours after the test completion
- For multiple attempts, the best of the scores will be considered for the merit list
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
MET Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for MET is prescribed by the coordinating body i.e. Manipal Academy of Higher Education. It is defined as per the offered courses.
- B. Tech and other courses syllabus will be comprised Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry & General English.
- The syllabus is based on the 10+2 level followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities.
Brief Syllabus on UG degree is given below:
- For Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Force and Motion, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems & Experimental Skills.
- For Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- For Mathematics: Partial Functions, Logarithms, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Analytical Geometry, Limits & Continuity, Trigonometry, Vectors, Circles, Differentiation, Integration, Probability.
- For General English: spotting of errors, vocabulary and sentence improvement.
MET Application Form 2022 for Phase 2 is released on the official website manipal.edu. MET application process consists of steps like initial registration, filling the application form with required details, documents uploading, and payment of application fees. MET 2022 Application Fee is INR 600 (General category) for all courses while the fee for the selected courses is INR 1400. Eligible candidates can fill MET 2022 Application Form before the last date i.e. June 3, 2022 (extended).
Registered candidates will be able to access MET 2022 Slot Booking facility for Phase 2 from June 3 to June 4, 2022. Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their MET 2022 Admit Card
|MET 2022 Application Form Release (Phase II)||May 16, 2022|
|Last Date to submit MET 2022 Application Form||June 3, 2022 (Extended)|
|Slot Booking for Phase II||June 3 – June 4, 2022|
|Manipal MET 2022 Exam (Phase II)||June 9, 10, 11, 2022|
|MHT CET 2022 Result||June 17, 2022|