King’s George Medical University (KGMU) is one of the renowned Medical Institutes in Northern India. The university is located in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established in the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current principal of the university.
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website of KGMU or can be obtained from the university office.
- MBBS and BDS admission is based on a valid score in NEET UG conducted at All India Level. Apart from NEET UG score, 70 seats will be filled on the basis of UP NEET counselling.
- Admission to B.Sc (Radiotherap y) and B.Optom requires an entrance test followed by an interview.
- For B.Sc (Nursing) and Dental Hygiene (DH) courses, the candidates have to appear in an entrance test conducted by the university followed by counselling.
- For MD/ MS and MDS courses, the admission will be granted based on the score obtained in UP PGMEE for 85% of the seats and NEET PG conducted by DGHS, New Delhi for 15% of the seats.
- Admission to DM and M.Ch courses will be granted based on the score in AIDMCHEE.
- For MHA, MHPEE, Paramedical and Fellowship courses, the candidates have to qualify in university-based entrance test followed by an interview.
- For M.Phil and Ph.D. programs, KGMU conducts specific entrance tests followed by an interview. CSIR/ UGC NET or ICMR qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for Ph.D. program.